Born in the UK, Steve has been involved with horses from an early age. As a child he successfully competed ponies both at local and international level. By the age of 16 Steve knew that his career lay firmly in horses so when an opportunity arose to work for Maurice Cousins at Barnadown Stud, he packed up and made the move to Gorey, Co. Wexford.
During the following years Steve learnt about breeding, producing and selling of horses under the guidance of Maurice whilst also competing, with huge success, at national championships. Within a year of joining the team Steve was selected to represent Ireland at the World Breeding Championships in Lanaken, Belgium and since then, has been a regular competitor in addition to competing on the National Grand Prix circuit. Recently Steve has branched out onto the eventing circuit with the exciting young horse Good Lux Jack, and in typical Steve style, aimed for and achieved qualification for the Young Horse World Championships at Le Lion D’Angers last year.
Steve has produced the following winning horses –
- Countryman – sold to Katie Jerram, top UK show horse producer.
- Baker Street – qualified and placed in FEHL Final RDS 2010
- Ka Ching – based in Rich Fellows yard, currently jumping 1.40M on USA circuit
- Hands Down – 4* eventer based with Ollie Townend.
- Boss Man & Drama Queen – 1st & 2nd in the Cavan International Show young horse championships, an achievement yet to be repeated by any rider. Boss Man subsequently sold to the USA and won the prestigious Indio championships. Drama Queen sold to Italy and currently competing on the Grand Prix circuit.
- Mr. Odd Socks – sold to Niall Talbot
- Ramiro B – winner RDS 4 Year Old class, jumped Grand Prix with Edward Doyle
- Remymarlton – winner RDS 4 Year Old class. Sold to UK, now competing 2* eventing
- Wisecrack – winner Cavan 6/7 Year Old class, RDS 7/8 Year Old Final. Sold to Spain.
Due to these successes and impeccably high standards, Steve has deservedly earned a reputation for producing world class horses, whilst also having the ability to match clients with suitable horses of all levels.
If you are looking for a specific horse please contact Steve who will discuss your requirements and source suitable horses for viewing. Also, if you are selling your horse please email details of same to the address below. Steve has many contacts worldwide and is available to travel as necessary to both top professional yards and small producers to advise, assist and negotiate on your behalf.
Contact Steve: 087-7799586 / email@example.com